Selfishness
I believe everyone is affected by certain ways or individuals in their life. I have seen many types of people during 21 years of my life and this enables me to gain a clearer insight into people's behaviour including my own. Mother Teresa once has it that, “One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.” I guess one of the few types of people who fits in this category are those people who act only with regard to their own values, toward which they consider to be good for themselves and they places their own needs or desires above the needs or desires of others.
Why are people selfish? People are selfish because they hope to get something without giving out anything. Selfish people are calculative and they try the (should I say cheap or easier?) way to succeed or to gain something. To think of only their own happiness, getting biggest benefits for lowest investment, help no one but themselves and have no regard for anyone or anything else in the world that is of best interest to them.
From the highest authority to the lowest bums living on the streets, most of us have bump into some way or the other one of these different kinds of selfish people, including closest people around us. I see people take things for granted because they never really experience losing something (or they never had that something). Those of us who have had to live in a foreign country or in new surroundings should learn how important certain things and certain values in life. I understand the feeling of loneliness is enough to drive a person to near madness (not me of course...). As children we depend on our parents. Life goes on to the next level, we have friends (and maybe housemates). But what I’m trying to say is that we cannot thrive successfully as individuals without having to sacrifice something. Not many people in this world willing to give you chances to start over again every time you screwed up the chance that was given to you. DON’T EVER expect something in return if you never give out! You’ll get back what you give (good or bad).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home