Marriage

One of my high school classmates is getting married today (on her 21st birthday). I never expect that she would tie the knot at such a young age(is 21 old?)... Nevertheless, I'm happy for her, that she manage to find her Mr. Right, whom she wants to spent the rest of her life with and take him as a part of her life...
Often I hear advices from those elderly (parents and etc), that you should strive through your life with success and have a stable career before you settle down, don't waste your youth into marriage and get tied up with all sorts of commitments and responsibilities that do not fit your age...bla...bla...bla...But some made me realized that success and wealth is not everything in life. Those getting married at their early age might be having a blissful and happy life (as in those "happily ever after" in fairy tales???). I'm confused...
I always wonder how people manage to find a person that they would want to spent the rest of their life with. Keeping in mind that it's a long way down the road (if you start at 21). It intrigues me a lot... a lot... As of now, I don't have the feeling of spending my life with another person (at least not from all the people that I've known so far), so I'll keep my life to myself... The last person that I loved so much didn't even notice that I existed (or maybe my existence came to his notice only in one day...) That's certainly not the right person to spent the rest of your life with. Maybe I'll stick to the advices given by the elderly for now till I find my Mr. Right (let's hope for the best).
Anyways, hope that this new phase of her life brings her happiness and joy in the world! I'm not sure whether "Happily Ever After" existed in this real world, but I'll keep my fingers crossed! (^_^)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home