Saturday, August 1, 2009

Medical System in Australia

It's such a coincidence that among 6 of us in the house, 3 of us (including me) are sick! But that's not the point that I'm trying to make here.

The main issue now is that Australian medical system is so stupid! Let me tell you why!:

1. You have to make an appointment to see a doctor (which is a waste of money). They think that if you're sick, you still can think properly and take your own sweet time to choose which clinic that you would like to attend and wasting time and money on telephone calls for appointment is it?

2. If that particular clinic is already full with its appointment slots, then you have to call some other clinics! Then if all the slots are full, then I can guaranty that you'll die first (if you're really ill)!!

3. Most clinics only opens on Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm, CLOSED ON WEEKEND! They think weekend no one will get ill is it? or they think that bacteria and viruses do take weekends off as well???!!? (-_-)""

4. You have to go pharmacy to get your own medicine. If the pharmacy and the clinic is situated very far from each other then I think you better choose to die....

5. You have to wait for at least 1 hour without an appointment (which only available at ONE clinic as far as I know). For this one, I am definitely going to condemn kao-kao man! We so "susah-payah" only found one clinic which we don't have to make appointment in advance to see a doctor in Taringa and when we reached there, the receptionist basically told us to go home and take a rest rather than waiting for 2 hours and to be told the same thing again by the doctor.... OH MY GOD! This is the most sweat case that I've ever encountered in Australia! Damn stupid man! Damn stupid! What if we got swine flu or something (bear in mind that one of my lab partner just recovered from swine flu last week!)? what if I die after I come home because of some other illness that I myself was not qualified to judge??!

6. Oh! and I almost forgot! They charge extra for consultation during weekends by $20! Which makes you have to pay $85 only to listen to the doc (in our case) telling you to go home and have a good rest... That and only that cost $85! This is totally #$%@*!!!!

With the 6 reasons above, the system is seriously flawed! Haih... I am really out of words to describe the sweat-ness of this case... They take illness (or should I say human life) so lightly that they "shoo" us away from the doctors...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home